SIDmaster plugin for Reason Studios
NEW UI, available as a free update!
is a virtual synthesizer emulating the SID 6581 sound chip of the popular Commodore 64 home computer. The SID 6581 was capable of producing sounds many years ahead of any other computer at the time.
It is developed as a rack plugin for Reason Studios, compatible with Reason 10 and higher. If you own Reason Studios 11, it can be used as a VST / AU / AAX plugin in any DAW.
Click play to hear some demo tracks made using reason and the SIDmaster plugin. Only the drumtracks are not done with the plugin.
- emulate 6581 SID cycle exact
- both usable as a 3 voiced polyphonic synthesizer or a monophonic synth with 3 oscillators
- implements effects used in the old days of the C64 based on SoedeSoft's original music routine of the 80's (such as arpeggios, wave patterns, modulating the pulse width or filter)
- SID parameters can be modulated using the control wheel as well
- flexible keyboard control legato, slide, pitch bend
- ring modulation and synchronization effects that can be controlled by the output of other SIDmasters by connecting cables on the rear side of the plugin
version 1.1: free update with a brand new UI, and a new feature to modulate the base frequency and some extra patches
version 1.08: free bugfix update
version 1.06: initial version